My husband is crazy about buffalo chicken anything. I’ve made these yummy rolls before, courtesy of Andie at Can You Stay for Dinner?, and we both loved them. Since I had half a pack of egg roll wrappers aging in the fridge, I thought tonight was the perfect time to whip out this recipe for a third time. 🙂
Buffalo Chicken Rolls
Prep time: 15-20 mins
Cook time: 10-15 mins at 400°
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (Of course, I did big scoops of filling, and we still had a little extra chicken, so one would probably be enough. Feel free to adjust.)
- 1/3-2/3 C hot sauce (I used Kroger hot sauce, and it was fine, but if you’re a hot sauce connoisseur, by all means, use whatever hot sauce/wing sauce you prefer 🙂 )
- Bleu cheese, shredded mozzarella or shredded pepperjack cheese (The original recipe calls for bleu cheese, but I usually use mozzarella. This time I had shredded pepperjack, so I gave it a try.)
- Dry cole slaw mix, or shredded cabbage (I didn’t have any on hand today, and we didn’t notice its absence, but this gives them a little crunch.)
Cook and shred your chicken.
Preheat your oven to 400°.
Mix hot sauce with chicken, until chicken is coated. (Mine took 2/3 C this time.)
Put a scoop of chicken on your egg roll wrappers (not too much, or you won’t be able to roll it… I did add more than usual this time, since egg roll wrappers were scarce). Add cheese and cole slaw mix (if desired).
With the wrappers angled (corner facing you), fold the bottom corner up. Fold in the sides, then roll it up the rest of the way. Dip your finger in water, and wet the end of the wrapper to seal.
Put the rolls on a wire rack, if you have it (to allow for better heat circulation, even cooking and a crunchier wrapper). Spray them with cooking spray.
Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes.
Presto! Your easy and delicious buffalo chicken rolls are ready to eat!
Mmm! I’m getting hungry again looking at these. 😉