We usually make these into muffins, but I felt lazy this time, so here’s what we got.
Banana Chocolate Nut Bread (or Muffins)
Yield: 1 7×11 pan of bread or about 24 muffins
Bake temp: 350°
Bake time: 45-60 mins (or until knife/toothpick comes out clean) for bread, 12-15 mins for muffins
- 1/2 C oil
- 1 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe, mashed bananas
- 2 C all-purpose flour (I used half whole wheat, half all-purpose in this batch)
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 3 T milk
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/2 C chocolate chips
- 1/2 C chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix all ingredients, except chocolate chips and nuts, in a stand mixer or by hand.
- Once everything is combined, stir in chocolate and nuts by hand.
- Spoon into cupcake liners (if preferred) or greased muffin tins (or greased 7×11 pan).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes for muffins (45-60 for bread, or until toothpick comes out clean) and enjoy!