I found this recipe on Prevention.com. I love tortellini, but I was a little worried about the taste of the spinach. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it didn’t have a bad taste, or much taste at all… 😛 My husband said he couldn’t even taste it (and he’s the pickier of the two of us).
It’s a fast and easy recipe with only a few ingredients.
Spinach Tortellini Soup
Yield: 4 servings
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 4 C boxed chicken stock
- 1 C water
- 9 oz cheese tortellini (or whatever filling you prefer)
- 6 oz baby spinach
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Bring chicken stock and water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Reduce heat, add tortellini, and simmer until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in baby spinach, and cook until just wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle soup into 4 bowls, and shave or grate Parmesan over top.